Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Photo That Started It All

I loved the floor in this photo from Country Homes & Interiors, British edition.
Two years ago I painted the old wood floor chocolate brown in the guest room according to instructions from a local hardware store clerk. Everything sticks to it and the paint peels.
The walls are the pink in the second photo so I fell in love with the color scheme idea in the magazine.

If you read my post from last night, you know my plan didn't happen.
We have a floor in process and definitely not the white/gray.

I am still tackling the color theme, so I'll let you know how it goes.

I wanted to touch up my walls, but alas no paint left over. And no! I am not going to repaint the walls.

My scripture this morning:

Proverbs 3 Lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Me and I will direct your paths.
I'm glad God has a backup plan for all my failed ones.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

When plans don't work out as expected I always sit back and think "why?" and "what next?" and someone when I'm not really thinking about it the answer comes...and yes, thank heavens God has a back up plan for us!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Now that's what I call gorgeous inspiration. I’ve been a blogging slacker lately. Jeffrey and Sloane were gone for two weeks and I found myself completely absorbed by house projects; an unintentional blog break. Now we're on a long, long road trip. We’re in Arizona now and I have a bit of time on the computer – finally! I was having withdrawls from being away from my blogger buddies so long, I tell you. I hope your summer continues to be as beautiful as it sounds here. Love to you.