Thursday, August 11, 2011

Leave the Light On




When I was a young mother, I often felt lost and afraid. Another mother whose children were a bit older befriended me. I loved going to her house. It was a big farmhouse with a wrap-around porch. They kept it cold so I always took a sweater and warm clothes for the kids, which became a joke after awhile. We had many a meal there and made sweet memories. I always felt welcome and safe.

Years passed and children grew up. Our lives turned in other directions, but I never forgot the kindness and love shown to me during those vulnerable years.

Today my friend, Peggy, went home to be with the Lord after a long battle with leukemia. Heaven is richer, then so am I for having known her.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

This is unbelievable......I had a very similar experience.
We had just moved to a new town and I was very lonesome with a 1 year old....I was a Christian but really didn't have a personal relationship with Jesus....I met Sherry at Sunday School and she had something I did not have......she knew Jesus...she also had a 1 year old daughter and some older kids....

She took me in we would talk endless hours about spiritual things...because her older kids were in school, our two year olds would play and we would talk. I would go over and spend day after day....I know God placed her in my life as a spiritual mother and I will forever be grateful for all those days we spent together......

Have a great day...love sharing with you.....