Thursday, July 11, 2013

Love Letter




Yesterday morning was busy with back to back eye and dental appointments. I am trying to squeeze in all my checkups while at home for a few days. I wanted to clean house and blog and pay bills etc. but instead I chose to drop over and see a friend. I felt like I had stepped into God's garden. Her yard was a masterpiece of love, filled with flowers, fountains, singing of birds and chimes ringing in the wind. We sat outside in the cool day and caught up. 

I wasn't feeling that great and my mood was low because of news the dentist gave me, but her hubby brought me a hot cup of peppermint tea and she gave me her hearing heart. 

One statement stayed with me for the rest of the day and this morning.

I look at the Bible as a whole as a love letter from God.

Maybe those aren't the exact words, but the meaning is clear. With that thought in mind, I opened my Bible this morning to Genesis 1 and Revelation 1, with purple pen in hand, marked verses or the chapter with a purple heart, standing for God's love toward me. 

When I read Genesis 1 in this light, I saw a loving Father creating a beautiful earth with His child in mind. Even the day and the night. He didn't need sectioned days, but He knew that we would, for we would need to know the fresh start of "His new mercies every morning." 

I left the pages of His word feeling loved this morning. I want to make this a regular practice.

Unrelated note: I missed blogging to connect with yesterdays pic on Wings Open. I couldn't find the time. I posted that pic in the dentist office waiting room. Aren't iPhones grand?


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Hey Friend, I am sorry that I haven't been buy the last few days....We went to the mountains to see how much damage we had along the stream with all the rain that's been coming our way...It was washed out some but not as bad as we had anticipated....Thank you Jesus.....

I am loving reading about your journaling...I so wish we were closer so we could share in person. I have been journaling lots and the class you are taking looks so interesting. I think I am going to look into it...

All of your grandchildren are so precious...Is your camper near the water? I was wondering if that was where the pictures were taken...Is your camper in a neighborhood; it sounds like you might have neighbors around....

I have to tell you I envy your time alone at the camper....I know this is a difficult time for you right now but it sounds like you are having lots of reflection time. I really enjoyed my time at the beach but don't know when I will have that kind of time again....

We get our grandkids tomorrow for the weekend...It looks like rain and I am wondering what we are going to do?

I guess I should have written all this in an email but I just got started and continued on......

I would love for us to talk more about our journaling sometime....

Hugs,
Nancy

GraceGal said...

Hi Nancy.
Sending you an email.. I am doing well actually:)