Saturday, June 30, 2012

Vacation Begins

Day 1 of vacation starts out hot and sticky which is quite a change from  six days of rain. We arrived at the camper last night to a beautiful evening that changed to thundershowers. I had been reading on our journey down, so I grabbed my jammies, put my feet up and continued reading until 10:00 p.m.

 I finished my second book by Maryann McFadden, "So Happy Together."
I love the way she skillfully gets inside the hearts of three generations of women. The first one I read by McFadden was the Book Lover, her current novel. The same themes run throughout: women, their relationships with themselves and each other, the strong sense of place, and romance.

My granddaughter, McKenna is with us and the next crew comes today, my son and his family.
 I will attempt to keep blogging but not making any promises :).

No comments: