Saturday, June 23, 2012

Mufffin Mindfulness

 Rainy Saturday morning felt like hot muffins. As I was mashing bananas I started thinking about using my senses as in Inner Excavation, so I grabbed my camera and snapped a picture of the mashed bananas.


This is a bit of a process because I replace a few ingredients to make them gluten free and lower fat.
While putting the mixture in the tins, I was looking out my kitchen window thinking that I might get a few good pictures after the rainy night . I set the timer, popped the pan in the oven and went outside.


I came in the door to the timer going off. Mouth watering, donning potholders, I pulled the muffins from the oven. 
"What is wrong with these? " 
Thinking back I realized that in my haste I had forgotten to put in the baking powder and baking soda. They tasted like glue and looked like it too.
In the trash they went.


Thankfully, I had one lonely muffin in my freezer. Hot from the microwave, buttered with honey and paired with white ginger tea, result was yummy.
The only problem now is that I have to make another batch tomorrow.
One other teaching of  Inner Excavate is to be present in the moment. 
One lesson at a time please.

No comments: