Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Women of Strength - Day Two

"Grief is a multi-faceted response to loss..." 
Wikepedia

In recent months, heaviness of heart has accompanied my thoughts of  several women I've been friends with for decades. They have changed. Life has chewed them up and spit them out. The optimism and faith that once caused them to rebound has morphed into survival mode. What happened to joy, to hope?

Loss wears many faces. In November of 2010, I began to pray over this year,"No more loss, total restoration." It became my mantra. In the midst of winter, it became my battle. Slowly, it became forgotten.

In the Bible, Naomi experienced loss after loss, until grief caused her to change her name because it had changed who she was. Ruth came alongside of her, shoring her up and ushering her into restoration.

Are we the Naomi generation, desperately needing our Ruths to come alongside? 


I know these Naomi women and the strength that lies buried beneath the ashes of sorrow, disillusionment, disappointment, and hopelessness. 
Breathe on us, oh, breath of God and blow away the ashes.Let our beauty arise once again.





No comments: