Friday, April 22, 2011

Women of Strength - Day Five


My granddaughter and I had a great time shopping yesterday.

I struck up a conversation with the clerk at Payless as we were checking out. She was sharing about her son being home from Texas and I inquired as to where he lived in Texas. That's when she shared that he is stationed there and only home before he deploys.
I  asked for his name and then offered to pray for Joe. As we departed the store, I added that I would be praying for her as well.

Today's post is dedicated to all the women serving our country, active duty as well as wives, mothers, daughters, sisters, grandmothers and every woman loving and supporting our soldiers.

They are truly women of strength.

If you think of it, say a prayer for Joe today and don't forget his mom.

2 comments:

Sherry said...

that's beautiful...and I will!

Safire's Rose - Cakes,Cookies,Dinners,Sides said...

Blog Links: Would like to invite you to add your Link to our Thumbnail Link List.
All it require is a Button Link back to us from somewhere on the site that you are submitting.
Blog Links