Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Ordinary Days

There is something special about old-fashioned ordinary days.

So far, today is one of those days.

I got up and made my bed. (Okay, it's a habit now :) I fold the quilt and put it in the closet because it is the extra one we use when it is cold. I place the purple throw on the bed. It doesn't really match anything but I don't care because I love it. It's a Nate Berkus, by the way.

I did a little of my puzzle while I ate breakfast, spent time with my Bible and journal, and got dressed in an old pair of jeans and turtleneck. This is a stay-at-home day, so simply ran a brush through my hair and put a little makeup on.

A friend stopped by to drop off a quilting needle.
Another friend came over and I highlighted her hair.

After lunch, I cleaned the upstairs bedroom in readiness for my girls arrival this weekend.

Went in the office and paid a few bills.
Now I'm blogging.


You know what I don't like about ordinary days?
They go too fast!

No comments: