Saturday, August 31, 2013

Labor Day Weekend in the Air


My view from the Ferris Wheel at York's Animal Farm


Gorgeous view of the ocean and York beach


Looking Down


It was the first time in years that I had ridden the Ferris wheel. It was my favorite ride as a teen. I think this Ferris wheel was a throwback from those days. It creaked and moaned as we made our way to the top while other passengers boarded. The guy running the controls sassed adults and children alike, instructing them to sit back and absolutely no rocking! 

I looked at Terry and said," I think this thing is an antique." 
I was hoping for reassurance. Instead I got a "yep."

 Oh boy.

 I was ready to get off before the ride began. Although I was brave enough to take a few pics with my iPhone, a sigh of relief escaped my lips when my feet touched solid ground again.

I must say it had a few moments of fun and I can't recall the last time Terry and I laughed together that much.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Do you guys have on matching pants...too cute....

I used to love to ride the Ferris Wheel too but found lately I like to keep my feet on the ground....

Looks like you had a really good time with beautiful weather....