Thursday, August 8, 2013

In-Between Days


In my "in between' days, I have been reading by the hours. I seem to be weary these days. Maybe its the ongoing rain, but I have taken advantage of sunny afternoons to sit and bask and read, as well as rainy ones.

I've read a few good fiction novels, but this week I landed on non-fiction. Yesterday I spent hours reading the entire book "Freefall to Fly"by Rebekah Lyons. It reminded me a little bit of Jennie Allen's "Anything" yet with its own personality and a focus on staying in the pain on the journey to finding and using our gifting. 

Tomorrow looks like a busy day so I leave you with my favorite excerpt to ponder in between posts.

"Surrender changes everything.
But we cant choose surrender. It chooses us.
It finds us and meets us in our pain.
When we are at our lowest point. Our weariness. Our longing.
It enters in when we have run out of our own strength.
When we start to believe that things may never actually change.
that our lives don't really matter... and we break.

How could it be?
How could God create a life that doesn't matter?
So we cry out, and we ask for rescue.
Because somewhere deep down we know we are missing it.
Our own attempts have failed us.
This life we orchestrated falls flat and leaves us lying in a corner, 
huddled in despair in those dark hours of the early morning.

Then we see it. The crack of sunrise. Just a glow on the horizon.
Pink and orange starting to rise and create a hue that colors the sky.
It's God whispering: I am here. I am true. I am strength.
I love you as you are. Broken and fragmented. Let me carry you.
Let me show you a life you never dreamed or imagined.
Let me take you on a journey so marvelous you point back to Me.
Let me rename you.
Let me bring you back to your truest self.
The way I ordered you from the beginning.

All this for My glory."



2 comments:

Nancy said...

I am glad you are getting to read lots...I have been reading too and I want to pass along a couple of titles but I will have to do it later....

After reading the excerpt, I must get this book....Sounds deep and life changing....

Are you getting any girlfriend time? I'm thinking you need some....your amateur psychology friend....

Relyn Lawson said...

I just wanted to thank you so much for being a faithful bloggy friend. You come to my blog, read what I share and leave a kind comment. All when I have been almost nonexistent for over a month. Thank you, thank you. It means so much to me.