Friday, June 14, 2013

Balancing Act





I don't know how she does it. I have been here staying with the girls while my daughter fulfills a week in the Air Force Reserves. Those of you who follow me know that I have been semi living here for the past eight months, but its not the same as going it alone.

I skipped my morning shower, giving top priority to a two-year-old sick with a cold or allergies, debating " to school or not to school.?" School won out but left me second guessing after a teary goodbye on both our parts. I balanced my makeup by the kitchen sink, trying to look presentable before entering the world.

The next part of the morning was dedicated to a promised trip with McKenna to the bank for some special plans, which shall remain nameless.

A quick grocery store run ensued. Of course, I chose the store that didn't carry all I needed 😔. Off to get Lily. That went fast. How I love seeing that face! It's the best part of the day, runny nose and all.

She is sleeping now and I have a stack of bills and billing that have been shouting at me all week from home. Telling the bills to hush one more time, I fell asleep three times in my journaling video with Susannah Conway and she is not boring! Finally, giving in, I pulled a blanket over me and settled on the couch. Just then my phone rang with the news they are moving Mom to rehab today. Really? Did I have to know that right now?

So here I am, posting on my faithful blog, instead of napping or cleaning the table off or planting flowers long thought of and not purchased.

How does she do it all? Balance two daughters ( one with special needs), get a practice off the ground for a full-time job, part-time reserves involving a lot of travel, wade through uncertain waters of changing relationships, fit her run in, art journal (published several times), or just breathe?

Here's to you dear daughter and all the moms out there trying to make it through another day of challenges without a sure roadmap in these changing times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Cheryl Ruffing said...

Your daughter impresses me, and you are a wonderful mom for helping her in so many ways. I hope that both you and Lily are feeling better soon. This time of year can be tough, thanks to all that pollen.