Sunday, May 5, 2013

Annual RCW Ladies Conference


Even though the theme this year was White Flag, we used  Angie Smith's "Mended" theme as well. Our white flags were deliberately simple with hand stitches for the purpose of symbolizing God's mending in our lives, hands on.



The tables were gorgeous Friday night with all the little candles flickering amongst the rose petals.


Nancy decorated the cross herself. Stunning.


The gift bags were tiny, but still packed with goodies - bookmark, notebook, pen (white pens that wrote red ink), magnets with the Mended picture on it, chocolate, tissues and I know I'm forgetting something. What a little treasure chest!


Nancy speaking

Fifty women showed up on a gorgeous weekend for the conference. God moved in hearts quietly and deeply. Honestly, this conference touched my heart more than any other. Perhaps because I needed it more.
 Nancy's teaching on how God calls us to walk in dark places with Him pulled pieces together for me, mending...

I spent the brunch time with God, He and I, talking things over, letting go...

I will say to Lily,"arms up" as I take off her shirt to put on her jammies. 
That morning I heard the Holy Spirit say, "Arms up. Surrender all."

Taking off to put on.

My session was last and God showed up. I was amazed at the women who came and shared their pain and their joys with me afterwards. At one point, I sat on the altar step with tears streaming down my face as I listened to a precious woman share her story. 

It was a very different conference, simple, deep, mending.

When I awoke this morning, I knew I had been touched by God. Thank you to those of you who prayed for me this weekend. 

He giveth more grace.




No comments: