Friday, January 29, 2010

Smilin' at You

Thanks for all the great comments for the Simple Things post. They made me smile, especially my sister Gilmore Girls fans.
Winter has kicked in here today. The wind is tossing the snow around like fine flour and it is cold. What a great day to be indoors and warm up the kitchen.
I cooked up a storm. Turkey taco soup is in the crockpot and GF cinnamon bread is baked, cooled, sliced, and in the freezer (I keep Gluten Free bread there to be used when I want- keeps longer).
The best of all- I have regular oatmeal bread rising for my hubby. I haven't made it in years because I was always so discouraged that I can't eat it (gluten), but today- I don't know, maybe acceptance kicked in. Maybe gratitude. A simple thing to some- special to me. Now here's hoping it turns out edible.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

What a beautiful smile!!!! Thanks for giving me my smile this morning! :)