Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I See You


Transitioning from New Mexico to Maine begins my new year.

My husband and I drove the 5 hours to southern Maine to spend Christmas with our sons and their families.After the flurry of gifts, good food, hugs and kisses etc. we flew out the next day to spend a week with our daughter and her family. It was good just to be together.
Although this was my third trip to the southwest, its unique beauty continues to captivate me.

All too soon, it was time to leave. As we flew over New England, I pondered the changes in the countryside itself. The Psalm I had read that morning referred to the Lord on high as mighty. I thought of how different the perspective from the clouds than when I am right in the thick of my life. I pondered how I couldn't even see actual people from on high, yet God sees all. A phrase from the movie Avatar broke into my thoughts.

I See You.

I knew God was speaking those words to me. I see you. I really see you- your thoughts, your hopes and dreams, your hurts and disappointments, all that matters to you.

Those words remain in my heart. I read in Genesis today where Hagar called Him, "The God Who Sees Me."

This is the name of God for me this year of 2010- the God who sees me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: