Friday, October 4, 2013

The In-Betweens


My Instagram pic today is an even better shot of this beautiful scene.

I've been pondering my verse from the other day. 

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."

Lily has been sick all week with an awful virus that turned into the croup. She lay in the recliner with me for a while today and then next to her mama. This down time gave my daughter and I the opportunity to talk, which we don't often have time for.  

As we talked, I kept thinking about this verse from Proverbs. I realized how hard we have been trying to work things out in our time frame to make life a little easier. The problem is just that its not working. The answers are not in my head. There are times when we have to lay down our own ideas of how things should work and follow the path God has laid out before us.

 The in-betweens are the tough places.
 The weeks and months when nothing seems to change, when all paths seem to lead right up to the same wall with no way through. 

When I was sitting on the rocks Tuesday, overlooking this beautiful ocean scene, I felt like something opened up. I can't explain it and maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like a path opened up before me or inside of me.
 I read something the other day by Joseph Prince that I wrote in my journal.

"Trust the Lord to position you at the right place at the right time to experience His provision. Believe that He has gone before you and prepared a provision that will exceed your expectations."

Notice how much that trust word keeps popping up.

This past year has been a year of trust shattering and now in process of being restored, on several levels. This can't be done in our heads either. It is a step-by-step process, walking it out through every circumstance, every memory, every fear, each new day.

God didn't say the paths would be easy, but He did say he would direct them, He would make them straight before us so that we can find our way. He promised to take a firm hold of our hand and stay beside us. He also promised to gently lead those with young children and carry them close to His heart. (Isaiah 40:11)

I am counting on those promises tonight.
In this uncertain world, when so many things are being shaken, there are few things we can count on.  The Bible tells us that when everything is being shaken, there is a kingdom that remains stable.
The Kingdom of God.

For what its worth, these are my thoughts at the end of the day.



No comments: