Monday, September 23, 2013

Send Us Ezekiels


I am sitting here at the camper this Monday morning reading through the scriptures in some of my favorite places, Isaiah 35, 32-33, 43; Exodus 33, Psalm 68 etc. I have been thinking about God's daughters. So many of us are walking in hard places, discouraged, broken, and dry. 

While reading this morning, a friend texted me. She's a woman of strength in the Body of Christ, a warrior, now broken and worn down by the battles of this past year. 

A prayer rose up in me.
"Lord, send Ezekiels to prophesy over your daughters."

I turned to Ezekiel 37 and read. "They said, 'Our bones are dried up and our hope is gone. We are cut off.'"
Have you heard these very words come from the mouth of a woman recently? Perhaps your own mouth?

I read on in the chapter, then wrote in my journal: 

"Lord, heal, restore, bring us up out of death and darkness and hopelessness. Stand us on our feet together. Breathe on us. Fill us with your resurrection life and power once again. And settle us in the land you have given us." 

Won't you join your prayer with mine for the women across this land today, for each other? Leave it in the comments or the link to your blog. Let us link in the spirit today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for introduce to me here nice information this post.!

beachhandbags.blogspot.in