Monday, September 16, 2013

One Step at a Time


Taking one step at a time can make it seem like something is taking forever. In all truth, it's the only way we make any progress. It's part of the process.

Being home for a few days has been unsettling. The weather here in the county is much closer to winter than a few hours south. I dug out my heavier fall jacket, turned the furnace on and doubled the blankets on my bed. Dread sits heavy in the pit of my stomach as my thoughts turn to slippery roads and flu and outright snowstorms. 

Perhaps the fact that it has rained nearly every day has something to do with my mood or that I've eaten too many things off my grid and tea is my diet today. Maybe I am thinking and pondering too far ahead. There are seasons when God shows us the next step and that's all. We have to trust that He holds the future and that He knows what He's doing.

Trust. It always comes down to that, doesn't it? 

I don't know about you, but trust seems easier on warm summer days with laughter and sunshine than on rainy cold Monday mornings.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I can't believe you are already having winter like weather..that would be a big adjustment for anyone.....

And yes I agree, trust and everything else is easier on a pretty sunny warm day but the most growth seems to come on the darker winter days....God gives us both so we do have to take that step forward. If not we would all stay kids in our faith...

I just can't fathom that you got out a blanket, jacket and turned on the furnace....It's 82 here today....

I do hope you enjoy your time at home....

Relyn Lawson said...

Trust, yes. I think this life comes down to two things: Trust and Obey.