Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Musings



The air has changed. Last night the windows in the camper were covered with moisture and the furnace, set on 60 degrees, kicked on at 1:30 this morning. Seasons are seriously shifting. 

This is the time of year I usually tackle the last of my refurbishing home projects, plan a quilt and think about Christmas. A year ago all of that changed with the changes in our family. 

Transitions are difficult but they move us into something new.

Pam is here for the week with me. We've been starting our day with prayer together and talking about where we are in our life journeys. She, too, is in transition having left a ministry/job after eighteen years.

Life is about change. Soon the geese will gather to fly south. I'm not sure if I will see much of that here but I know in the County, it's a sure sign of things to come - the W word. I don't want to mention it yet.

Another week begins and my thoughts are quiet for blogging. 

If you come and I am quiet, hop over to Wings Open to catch my photos and patiently wait for creativity to flow here once again. Meanwhile, enjoy each day of autumn wherever life has positioned you.


2 comments:

Nancy said...

We are seeing some changes as well...Hot today but the nights are cooling off some...Leaves are beginning to fall.....

So glad your friend is staying with you this week. There's nothing like some girlfriend time to perk one up.....

Cheryl Ruffing said...

Sometimes quiet is exactly what we need. I'm thankful for the folks who can recognize that.