Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Wrong Turn and Saturday Ramblings

 
Posted by Picasa

I held my iPad in hand, reading directions to my hubby for the antique store in Nobleboro, where we were to meet my son and his family last Saturday. All went well, until I neglected to read the fine print resulting in a wrong turn. Fortunately, a friendly sheriff set us back on the right path. If we had not taken the wrong turn, I wouldn't have asked hubby to pull over for a moment so I could quickly snap this photo. 

How I would love to camp out on that bench beside the water and soak in the warm sun, listening quietly to the running waters!

Instead the sound of bitter cold winds whipping outside fills my ears today. The pellet stoves hum as they work hard to heat our house. My thoughts are filled with the ladies conference coming up in a month, where I am expected to speak in one of the sessions. How many times over the last six months have I written in my journal the words broken, empty, discouraged? It has been a difficult season in our lives and even with a miracle thrown in, weariness overwhelms me at times.

I dont know where to begin.

So I turn to google, researching the Perfect Storm, how to survive a storm. Time magazine lies beside me from last November when we were feeling the first effects of our personal storm and the news media was reporting the devastation of Sandy. Under the magazine lies an article  I printed from the Elijah list on a dream Julie Meyer had about the intercessors losing heart. It is eerily similar to a dream I had a couple of weeks ago.

Of course, the word of God will be my foundation, but I seek direction, theme, something...

I watch Angie Smith on Youtube talking about Mended which will be a part of our theme and has ministered greatly to me these last months.

This is process. This is the time to let it go and do something else. When it is right, Holy Spirit will bring the pieces together. Maybe that is what truly trouble me - fear of staying broken. Un-mended. Weakened. I know much of this has to do with the weakness in my physical body and my intense longing to be whole. One step at a time. Trusting that He goes before me.

My memory verse for this past week has been Deuteronomy 31:8 : "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you. He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid. Do not be discouraged."

Even if you take a wrong turn, He will be there to gently guide you back on the right path.

Perhaps the wrong turns are a part of the plan.

No comments: