Thursday, December 6, 2012

It's Where I Am Tonight






I have always loved this time of the year. I love the decorations, the homemade gifts, working around the house, Christmas lights, and Hallmark movies.

This year is different.
Just when I thought it wouldn't get worse, it did. How can someone we embraced as family inflict so much pain on those I love?

We've watched the stories on Oprah of women in other countries who experience unspeakable evils.We are inspired by their courage and a little afraid of that unknown world, where hatred of women is overtly displayed.

I am beginning to sense a different type of warfare on women here in our country, a covert operation of darkness where families are splintered and left broken and confused. Emotional wounds, harder to identify than outward ones, become heavy burdens for women to bear. The stories have always been there to a certain extent but my own pain and that of my girls  has awakened me to that of others.

I cannot take on the burden of the world tonight however. I sit before this screen and wonder, "Am I brave enough to share the questions that are weighing me down? "

Ann Voskamp writes that God withholds no good thing from us in the midst of our suffering.

Over at Moments and Invitations another woman struggles with the question, "Can all the hurting hearts believe that He withholds no good thing from us?" as she moves through her own pain.

Can I believe it?

the breakthrough we have longed for
the healing
the finances
the encouragement
the answers

withheld?

in need of great grace tonight

He withholds no good thing.

There are times when it takes digging deep to believe.









No comments: