Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas Eucharisteo





After two months away (with the exception of an overnite trip), I drove home last Thursday. I wasn't feeling great but wanted to prepare for Christmas. I had shopping to finish, gifts to wrap and maybe even do a little baking if time allowed.
When I arrived home, I stripped the bed, cleaned, unpacked and settled down by 3:00 with tea and toast. Unfortunately, the pain I had been experiencing grew worse. By 6:00 pm I was in the ER.

To make a long story short, I never got to sleep in my own bed. I  spent  three nights in the hospital with an attack of pancreatitis. I have long had problems with my pancreas caused by a birth defect, but no acute attacks for twenty years.

It is Christmas night now and what a strange Christmas! No tree, no big dinner, no pile of gifts, and especially no family gathering.

It is time to practice Eucharisteo once again.

What I am grateful for tonight:

~FaceTime on iPad and iPhone- we got to see all the family. Our grandson lined up all his gifts and gave us a tour.
~My girls had a good day, despite their first Christmas alone
~I was able to eat a bit of potato, albeit plain, and a few grean beans (much better than chicken broth)
~Hubby with me all day
~sisters and bro-in-law popped by
~a few gifts from a friend
~cozy warm home
~more facetime with our girls
~and I am shortly going to climb into my own bed

Merry Christmas Bloggers!

Count your blessings before you lay your head on the pillow tonight.
It helps.

No comments: