Thursday, November 29, 2012

Little Girl






I watch as she emerges from the building walking slowly across the lot, unguarded for a moment. Sixteen years fall away in seconds unveiling the little girl within, a bit lost and vulnerable.

In the short time it takes for her to reach the car, pictures flash through my mind - the moment she was born and we knew what her name was to be, a two-year old dancing around the house with curls bouncing, our drama queen throughout the years...

I wish I could take her up in my arms and kiss the hurts away, protect her from life with all it's harsh realities.

She looks up and sees me. A smile crosses her face. The car door opens...she is sixteen again. We drive away chatting about her day.

But I remember.






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: