Monday, March 26, 2012

Winter Flip-Flops


I was so excited to post these pictures that I took last Thursday night, only to have the stomach flu take me out for a few days. Better late than never.

I had my prayer group over and we had a joyous time. As Vicki was leaving the house I noticed her flip-flops in contrast to the snowbank still melting beside the house.

"Hold it! I yelled and ran for my camera.

This is March in northern Maine and we DON'T have the weather we had last week at this time of year. People were out during the day in shorts running around with  piles of snow as a backdrop!

Loved a bit of spring in the middle of winter :)

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

I sometimes wish we had more snow here in Missouri, but when I think of there still being snow on the ground while we have daffodils, dogwoods, and redbuds, I am grateful to live here. Of course, Maine is far more beautiful than most places I've ever seen, so maybe the snow would be worth it?