Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Reading Time

I finished the novel I was reading early this mornings and a non-fiction book I'd been working my way through a few days ago.
It's Sunday afternoon. I'm weary but not enough for a nap. I'd love to watch a movie but my hubby is snoozing in his chair. Not wanting to disturb him, I visit my bookshelves. I grab four books and carry them to my chair, where I proceed to read the first few pages of each.
 By now, you know what I have chosen. Having already read 72 pages, I am sufficiently intrigued.
A couple of years ago I created a 100 page rule for myself after spending too much time reading books I disliked but felt I had to finish. There are too many good reads out there to waste my time on anything less. Thus I have to be thoroughly interested in a book by the 100th page or at least convinced that it holds a bit of wisdom or hidden treasure for me.
 I took a break to blog, then only half my email made it from my iPad to my blog so here I am trying again.
 I am covered with my Nate Berkus chocolate brown afghan in my cozy chair ready to return to London and see what Phoebe Swift is up to. Here's hoping this edit does the trick.

1 comment:

Relyn Lawson said...

I have this on my "to read" list. I love your 100 page rule.