Saturday, January 14, 2012

Life Map

Saturday morning seemed the perfect time to create a life map. Some people call them dream boards and various other names. Basically,it's a visual of what the next few months are going to look like.

You begin with a piece of poster paper. All I had was a small piece so I improvised. I made two small ones but I didn't like that idea and it was taking too much time. So I cut pieces from the second one and stapled them to the first. It's not a work of art but it works for me.

Second, gather a pile of magazines and go through with a pair of scissors and a glue stick. Cut out what you love, what jumps off the page and paste it to your poster - words, pictures, colors etc.

Put it up somewhere that you will see it and watch what happens. It's a lot of fun and a visual reminder of what direction you want to head in.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by to visit my blog Gracegal! I too make vision boards - but now I do it via Pinterest. It's so much easier than combing through magazines. If you haven't done it...give it a go.

Unknown said...

...and then, silly me I saw your Pinterest!

Nancy said...

I like your dream board.....I do them every year; helps me kinda focus on what direction i want to take for a new year. I have to admit, I have not done mine for this year so I need to get with it......

Tell me about the red shoes....hahahah