Monday, March 21, 2011

Saturday Travels

 Saturday afternoon was sunny with a bit of biting wind. Hubby took the afternoon off and we went for a drive. First we stopped to talk to John, a friendly Amish carpenter about putting in kitchen cupboards. The horse and buggy was in his yard.

From there we went to the Amish bakery where we bought blueberry jam, rhubarb jam, sunflower seeds and homemade peanut butter cups. We chatted a few minutes with the pleasant young Amish woman who was in charge that day.

Next we drove to Houlton 45 minutes away. I wanted to check out a second hand furniture/antique store I'd heard about. When we got there the building was empty and we found out it had gone out of business the week before. I did, however, have a backup plan. There was another little store downtown that I could never seem to find open.

ReImagine. Isn't that a great name? I found it to be a little pricey and slightly disappointing compared to Serendipitous 2 mentioned in one of my previous blogposts. I purchased a little framed stitchwork.

Supper at Elm Tree Diner and back home.

I even managed to read a hundred pages of a book that was leant to me as we traveled, plus have a good time with hubby.

All in all, a good day.

No comments: