Tuesday, March 22, 2011

In Black & White

 I have a little digital camera that goes with me wherever I go, which I have become quite comfortable with.

My husband, however, got me a new camera for Christmas. a really nice one with a huge printout pile of instructions. I was almost annoyed  because I knew how much time it would take to get used to a new camera.

Over the past few months, I have used the new camera a handful of times, especially with my new granddaughter. I keep my little pink Canon handy.

Yesterday I printed out pictures from both cameras and was astounded at the quality of the photos taken with my new camera. The black and white photo above was one of them and I'm just a point- and -shoot kind of photographer, so far.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am for that Christmas gift? :)

Why is it we have a tendency to stay within our comfort zones when there may be a whole new perspective awaiting us by taking a step into something new?

No comments: