Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Delighted in Baby Steps



He will take great delight in you. Zephaniah 3:17

A couple of days ago I commented on the first lines of this verse, my memory scripture for the week. Today I am resting on this section. 

While I was digging into the meaning of each word, I came across two word meanings for the Hebrew in Strongs Concordance - blithe and glee. So I looked up those two words in the dictionary.

blithe = happy, light-hearted character
glee = high-spirited joy, merriment

I wrote in my journal, "I cannot fathom this."
Who can fathom the Mighty, Champion, Huge God clapping his hands in merry delight over them? How can I picture such a thing?

Then I remembered an incident this morning that happened with Lily. We were trying to get her to repeat e-i-e-i-o from Old McDonald had a farm, which she had uttered the day before. Her litttle face brightened with recognition but she couldn't seem to get the sounds to come out. So she started to do her mmm sound for moo and continued a litany of animal sounds, while we clapped our hands in delight at each one. What a celebration!

This is the picture of Zephaniah 3:17. God takes delight in me, not when I am performing great acts of service necessarily, but in the little everyday steps I take that only He and I know are huge. Baby steps when leaps are too much for me.



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Nancy said...

What a beautiful life lesson right from your precious Lily....
I need to remember this on a daily basis.