Tuesday, March 26, 2013

A Praying Day



Today will be a day for prayer. These are the words I awoke to this morning. I lay in bed praying over my family, one by one, then my prayer sisters and outward from there.

I prayed as I showered, as I cut vegetables for a soup, as I walked up the stairs to retrieve Lily's paci for the second time, as I folded towels…

Lily napping, the house quiet, me settled into the recliner, Bible in lap.

"Lord, you know we are only human in this earthly home and you are God. We don't have your eyes to see except when you afford us glimpses eternal. Why? I don't understand."

I waited, my thoughts turning to the young woman who went home to heaven too soon in our earthbound eyes. Shock waves rippled through friends who were earnestly praying for a miracle and believing for the beginning of a miracle season after so many hard things.

Isaiah 55,whispered within.
I turned to one of my favorite books in the Scripture. I read verse by verse, resting on verse 9
.
"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

There is so much suffering, Lord and why take the ones whose hearts are toward making a difference for your kingdom? I don't understand. Why allow this earth to continue?

Backing up a verse, "My thoughts are not your thoughts…"

I live here too, with my people.

"For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is His love for those who fear Him" Psalm 103:12

I know it would only take a touch from his hand, a whisper of His breath upon my heart and my sight would be altered with understanding. Yet He has chosen to wait, to be quiet in His love for this day. A day for prayer, a day for faith not sight.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: