Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Resistance or Surrender


What would happen if the weather vane resisted the wind? Would it eventually break? Could it stand the stress?

Why is it so difficult to move with the wind of the Spirit in our lives even when it means a change in direction?

I have always loved autumn. I set goals, many times these are Christmas ideas I want to craft for my family.  I would also gear up for teaching a 10-week Bible Study and  a few home improvement ideas.

For two years now God has been restraining me from leading a Bible Study. Big CHANGE after 25 plus years.
I decided to keep the Christmas projects simpler  because I slightly overdid last year and got sick the day after. I was actually excited  because I wanted to work with some of my photos for this. Then my laptop crashed.

On top of it all, the company my hubby works with is making major changes, which I mentioned in a previous blog. There will be a training for me to learn how to do my end of this, which seems daunting.
Oh boy, CHANGE.
 I fought that one until all my options were exhausted and so was I.

There is a time in our lives for resistance and there is a time to surrender and pray for grace. I find I can't hear the voice of God when I am busy trying to figure everything out on my own.

A verse kept flitting through my mind for several days, but in all my reasonings and panic, I didnt stop to look it up. Yesterday as I was going through the mail, I opened some correspondence only to find that very verse right in front of me.

Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure everything out on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil. Proverbs 3:5-7 MSG

I circled it in red and tacked it up next to my desk.

P.S. I am posting from my hubby's laptop after fighting a losing battle with BlogPress on my iPad.


No comments: