Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Year Ends

I spent the final week of 2011 with my daughter and granddaughters. As I search for God's Presence this morning, some sign that He walks the ground of my life, I realize they are the sign. My mouth was filled with laughter and coughing at the same time. I cherish the days we had together and pray they don't get this bug.

Looking back over this year, I say again it was a year of testing. I didn't like all my reactions and the tendency to fall into discouragement more easily. I've asked myself recently if my heart has gotten hard or strayed away from the heart of the Lord without realizing it. I don't know. Are part of my responses to others born put of a need to control, to keep loved ones safe? I don't know.

These questions emerge from my vulnerability as I spent more time coughing last night than sleeping. Even so, that doesn't make them any less valid.

Thus I end 2011 with a little soul searching, a bit of discouragement, a sick body and a weak voice of thanksgiving for all my blessings.









2 comments:

Nancy said...

I am so glad you had time with your daughter and granddaughters but sorry that you weren't feeling well....I do pray that it will end soon and that you will be back to "perky".......

I think we are all thinking of the past year and the new year as well....I certainly have....I pray for you that 2012 will be full of blessings and encounters with God that blow you away (in a good way) and enrich your life beyond measure.....

Get well, sweet friend....and after spending time talking back and forth this year I do consider you a friend.....

GraceGal said...

Thank you Nancy