Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hooked on Blessing



In August, a friend gave me "A Measure of Mercy"by Lauraine Snelling. I read it and the next two books that followed. Then another friend told me that this series started with the Red River series containing 6 books, after that Return to Red River with 3, the Daughters of Blessing with 4 books. Our church library had some and the second hand store a few more.

Over the last four months, I have settled in with the Bjorklund family, their trials and courage and hardships of the late 1800s and early 1900s in North Dakota. I tried twice to read other books but found myself yearning to return to Blessing( the name of the town).
No matter how busy I was, I set aside at least a half hour most days to read. Peace would settle over me like one of Ingeborg's quilts.

I loved these women, seeing how far we've come in this country and some of the things we've left behind. I am glad I found this author when I did. There was something about being able to read the books back-to-back and not having to wait.

I finished the final one yesterday. Now I am heading into a light Christmas book as I continue to work on my tasks that need to be completed these next two weeks.
But I plan to read her Dakota series of four in the near future.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I am always looking for new authors to read....I haven't heard of these books so I am off to see if I can find them....I hope I can get them on my kindle as I carry it around everywhere in case I get a minute to read....

Are you about finished with your Christmas shopping?
I am...I am keeping it simple this year and it's really nice.....

Have a great weekend...