Monday, May 30, 2011

Squirrels, Horses, Black Flies...O Happy Spring!

I haven't been able to find the time to even read my favorite blogs the past few days, let alone write my own posts. I've missed my blog sisterhood :)

Spring appears to have finally arrived in northern Maine, along with the critters.

I have the yearly ground hog under my house to contend with, along with spiders invading my kitchen sink and bathroom tub.

Then last week, a squirrel got in the house. I made a trip to Lowes for a living trap, which I couldn't figurte out how to set up. A couple of friends stopped but to help, but to no avail.

"It would take a hundred pound squirrel to set this off."
My friend's comment sent us into fits of laughter.

The next day, I pulled out of my yard to head out for a much-needed massage and found myself facing a horse coming down the middle of the road.

I rounded off the week with 4 black fly bites after a few minutes outside.

And I waited all winter for this.
O Happy Spring!

No comments: