Friday, May 13, 2011

Missing Me


I don't know what happened to yesterday's post of a time out, but it has disappeared.

I was going to take a few days off but here are my thoughts of the day.

As I was eating lunch, I finished watching Oprah's interview with Sarah Ferguson. It stirred and unsettled me a bit. Sarah's search for herself struck a chord in me. Her approval addiction and tendency to always put the oxygen mask on others before herself sounded all too familiar.

I finished the show and went into my bedroom to fold clothes, all the while thinking and praying.

 I thought of all the years I'd struggled and wondered why being a Christian hadn't helped.

"Lord, I've  loved getting to know you but I missed knowing me."

Looking back, I can see all the times that God tried to nudge me in the direction to listen to my spirit and take care of me, but I was too busy pleasing everyone else and doing what I thought was right.

I'm saddened by this.

Then I think about the verse I've been pondering that says, "I come behind in no good thing."

God is huge as Beth Moore would say, and He can make up the difference. I just need to listen.

No comments: