Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Bittersweet


I am excited about my brother and his wife arriving today. I have been having scrabble withdrawal pangs :)

My excitement, however, is tinged with sadness. My son called this morning and my grandson has a fever and a cough so they are not coming. :( It's nearly a five hour drive. There is so much flu going around that they dare not take a chance that it may be a cold. I am sad for us and them. But a friend shared with me early this morning in the midst of a tragedy in their family that,
"Everything happens for a reason."

I'm not sure I buy that philosophy as a blanket statement. Yet as a Christian, I do believe that whatever happens, God has a plan for me and those I love. Close but a slight difference.

I am grateful for my family today and all of our blessings.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Bittersweet is the perfect word to describe how you are feeling.

As a mother and grandmother you want to spend the holiday with your son and his family, but you also realize that staying home given your grandson's health and all this H1N1 flu that is going around is the only solution. And as sad as you are about missing them, remember how much they will be missing all of you.

Can you call and have flowers or something edible sent to them today or tomorrow? If no deliveries on Thanksgiving maybe you could have a surprise arrive for Friday? Just something to let them know they are remembered and loved. ♥