Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Delightful


These are my granddaughter's size 10 sandals. I have always loved her feet. When they were tiny, I would kiss them and kiss them. One night this summer when she was staying here, her feet were black from going barefoot. I grabbed a washcloth and scrubbed to get them clean. This is a grandmother's perogative. Moms just say, "wash your feet." I couldn't believe that these feet had grown so quickly.
Her mother used to love to have her feet tickled. She would sit on the couch with her feet up and say, "Tickle my feet." What a joy:)
I came across a scripture today that talked about God delighting in directing my steps. It stopped me in my tracks. I looked up several translations. One says that He busies Himself with our every step. Can you imagine the almighty God busy making plans for your day? How cool is that? When I am worried about today or the future I can return to this scripture. He sees my size 7 1/2 feet and knows exactly where they will be today and even what mess he may have to get me out of:) I love it.
Psalm 37:23 if you want to take a peek.

1 comment:

alteredpink said...

I laughed when I saw the picture of her sandals. I'm surprised she hasn't mentioned them yet. Loved the post:)