Tuesday, August 25, 2009

7 Women and 1 Big God


I took an unusual journey this summer with 6 other women. Here in northern Maine, people take advantage of every summer day because it is often too short. Normally the regularly scheduled events close for the summer. This year a friend of mine suggested we meet for a Bible study but keep it flexible. I was skeptical, thinking noone would want to do this. We asked a few ladies and began. Last night was our final gathering and all 7 of us hardly missed a week.
The summer was a difficult one for several but every Monday night was a time of strength and encouragement. Here are the five principles learned in this study, simple but powerful:
God is who He says he is.
God can do what He says He can do.
I am who God says I am.
I can do all things through Christ.
God's word is alive and active in me.
7 Women + 1 Huge God = Anything is Possible!