Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Perfect Gift


Don't you just love getting a birthday gift that totally takes you by surprise and is absolutely perfect? I have received some amazing presents from my daughter, crafted by her own hand. This one is no exception, although digital. When I opened it, it took me a minute to realize what it was - a book containing 6 months of posts and pics from the start of my blog until now.
I tucked it away until the time when I would be able to sit down with it alone. We were camping and I wasn't sure when that would be.
Late one night after adults and grandkids alike had settled down, I retrieved my treasure from its nesting place and with booklight in hand, spent the next hour in reflection. What a treat!
I can't believe that I nearly gave up blogging a month ago. I have always wanted to write and have a book published. Not quite what I had in mind, but perfect, nonetheless :)

1 comment:

alteredpink said...

I'm so glad that you liked it!! I agree, its excellent for reflection.