Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday's Word: Thaw




"He dispatches his word and the thaw begins." Psalm 147:18

Sunday morning I awakened to the sight of white rain falling from the sky. Wait a minute, that's not rain.
Snow wasn't in the forecast, but here it is.
I know it won't stay for long. Not yet.

Psalm 147 says that God sends the snow to blanket the earth. He also sends the thaw.

Thaw.

This has been my prayer for a few months now over hearts that are closed toward God. Today I have ramped up that prayer. Perhaps it's the sight of snow that has spurred me on, or the sight of stubborn hearts needing to be melted.

"I will lower your resistance to the Holy Spirit." Graham Cooke

That is my prayer today for my own life and the lives of those I love.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: