Thursday, June 25, 2009

Redirected

There are crazy days, lazy days, days that I want to go to bed and pull the covers over my head, and days with special moments. Yesterday was marked with moments I want to remember.
Picture #1
In the morning I went to riding lessons. The humidity was sweltering. I came straight home and jumped in the shower. I had plans for the afternoon, but was waiting for a friend who was supposed to stop in. Some days those waits are frustrating, but I had a book I am enjoying so I grabbed it and headed outside where a breeze had arisen. After a bit I looked up from my book. It was snowing whispers of dandelions, you know after they turn white. I tried to capture the magic on film, but settled for sitting in the midst of it.
Picture #2
Hubby waiting in the car. neighbors have been telling us about a bear hanging around. I grabbed my camera, just in case. No bear but this lovely butterfly in my driveway.
Picture#3
Hubby and I visited a friend who will soon be in heaven. (Then went to put mom's air conditioner in.) On the ride home I was pondering my blessings of having so many precious people in my life as this friend. This sunset was a perfect period to my thoughts.

You know that friend I was waitng for? She never did show up. I wonder what my day would have been like without her simple phone call that redirected me? The smallest things can change the course of our days or even our lives.






No comments: