Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Simply Yoked



photo from Facebook
A couple of days ago I write a post questioning Matthew 10:29. This morning I was reading over passages I had highlighted in "No Other Gods" by Kelly Minter and guess what I found? The answer to my question. So here it is.

"This is the yoke of Christ: being bound to his guidance and instruction, as two people walking hand in hand, though in this case his steady yoke is much more secure than our finicky hands. When we take this binding, yet mysteriously freeing, yoke upon ourselves, we naturally follow his commands and find that indeed they are not burdensome, but life-giving, truth-telling, and freedom-granting."

Simply saying yes to his guidance and instruction on a daily basis, walking together, trusting Him.

Did I say simple?  

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: