Saturday, June 5, 2010

Looking Beyond What I Can See


This is the view during our flight out to New Mexico.

A world in the clouds. This world exists everyday, although its appearance may change. We don't think about it, for our perspective is limited to this side of the heavenlies.

I had a conversation with a friend this morning who has been battling leukemia for many years. Recently her battle has grown fierce, yet in the midst of all that rages against her, she chose to share with me a miracle that happened. She turned her face to the heavenlies and looked beyond where she stands.

I am humbled and inspired.
So often my vision is filled with problems,my own physical limitations, and discouragement. Yet I am blessed with women who pray for me, a happy family and a cozy home.
Lord, help me to raise my eyes heavenward and remember that there is more to life than where I am standing at this moment. I am surrounded with angels, blessings in heavenly places, and the love of God. Open my eyes to look beyond what I can see.

No comments: