Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Recipe for Joy


Begin with two adults in one household, add one teenage grandaughter and you have a recipe for joy. Her smile lights up our hearts and her presence our lives. Everything seems to change. Last night we ate at the kitchen table insead of in front of the nightly news. I made homemade pizza tonight instead of frozen. I love the quiet mornings with my phone unplugged so she can sleep in. There is cozy clutter everywhere and afternoons filled with games. I love guilt-free days of neglecting housework. Why did I think those things were so important when I was raising my kids? How many moms wish they could do things a bit differently? Oh, grandparenting is a great blessing. I love you sweet girl.

1 comment:

alteredpink said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes. She is so much joy. I'm so glad that you are enjoying her. I have to say when I saw the mention of your pizza, I became intensely jealous. I LOOOVE your pizza. It's funny I was thinking about what I miss the most and that was on the list. You have to make me some pizza when I'm home (does that work in the camper?:)