Friday, May 1, 2009

The Four Challenge- Pools of Blessing

Inside water, a waterwheel turns.A star circulates with the moon.
We live in the night ocean wondering,What are these lights?
~Rumi
This was the hardest challenge yet for me. The poetry is beautiful and the images on The Four are mystical. I've waited and pondered this week, "what will I do?" As I sat here this morning at my kitchen table watching the rain, the thought came to me to just start snapping a few pictures. Right outside of my door is the flowerbed I dug up last fall, to plant this spring. I had never done this before and it took a long time. Then the rains came and plummeted right down into my fresh soil, splashing black dirt onto my house and creating a dirty ditch. Winter followed and so did the rocks and gravel from plowing snow- right into my flowerbed.
I asked my husband this week if he could put up a gutter on the eaves. His reply, "Sure." But I know that tone. I'd love to, but I may not get around to it. (his heart is in the right place) So every time I looked at this spot, discouragement nipped at my heels.
Isn't it interesting how the valleys in our lives become pools of blessing if we will see with different eyes? My ditch became a mini- pond today. If you look closely, you can see the raindrop splashing from the eaves.
Water is a scarce commodity in many places in this world. Here I am with a crystal clear pool, right outside my door.Perhaps this is no ocean, but there is light in the depths of this pool for me.
A little prayer: Lord, help me to see that my valleys in life are preparing me to receive blessings of good things every day. They are right outside my door. :)

No comments: