Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Perfect Pie

I was a bit worried about what I would do for pies this year. I have really been trying to stick with gluten-free cooking. Yet I do have holiday traditions. Nevertheless, I'm working on letting go of stress and praying about everything, leaving it and trusting God for the answer.

Praying about pies? Yes, everything.
There's a scripture that says God delights in the details of our lives.

So I asked for wisdom.
I had a plan- to got to the Amish store and place an order, but the day I planned to do so, the weather was awful. Nope, didn't get there.
Next thing I knew, Mom volunteered to bring two pies and Amy, my daughter-in-law, said she was going to make a pumpkin pie when she got here.
She did and it was the perfect pie.

I made gluten-free brownies, which were a big hit with ice cream!

Everything was great. I had cooked my turkey the day before and only had to warm it along with the stuffing. When  we sat down to dinner and I realized that I  had forgotten to make the mashed potatoes. I was mortified. Then everyone laughed about driving clear to Aroostook County ( potato country) and no potatoes.  In my defense, we did have sweet potatoes.

It was a  peaceful day and I was able to relax and enjoy my family. I think God was smiling right along with me. :)

No comments: